Over the last few years technology has proven to be very helpful in providing therapeutic options to people who might otherwise not have resources available to them.
- Maybe you don’t have someone in your geographic area who specializes in your concern.
- Maybe you have an illness or something which is preventing you from leaving your home.
- Maybe you have a busy schedule and are unable to come to a counseling office.
- Distance counseling may be the best fit for you!
For your safety and convenience, currently offering teletherapy via a HIPAA-compliant and secure platform.
TIPS FOR ONLINE THERAPY
Below are a few ways to make the most out of your online counseling sessions:
- Find a place that is comfortable and quiet. Away from your partner, children, or other family members.
- Make sure that you have a strong WIFI connection
- Headphones or Airpods are helpful, but not necessarily vital.
- Give yourself a few minutes before sessions to gather your thoughts and get into ‘therapy’ mode. This is especially important if you’re having your session in the same place where you work.
- Do not try to have sessions while you are driving or doing chores. Take this time for yourself to really focus on YOU.